Calling all writers, storytellers and content creators! If you have a passion for creativity, strategy and all-things advertising, we want to meet you. Our ideal candidate has a way with words, an eye for developing captivating narratives and a knack for adapting writing styles to cater to different audiences. If this sounds like you, consider joining our all-star team at SCUBE.
We’re looking for an experienced, client-facing copywriter to join our fun, fast-paced and forward-thinking team. This is a fully remote position. For candidates living in the Chicago metro area, you are welcome to come into the office as you’d like.
Named a Great Place to Work in 2022®, SCUBE offers an excellent culture where everyone can thrive.
This is a part-time contract position to start with an opportunity to advance to full-time.
As an ad and email copywriter, you will be responsible for creating persuasive copy for email and SMS campaigns that drive customer acquisition and retention. Your copy will help drive growth, brand reputation and engagement among consumers who are making sustainable choices with their wallet!
In this role, you will be focused on:
- Research & ad angles. Perform qualitative and quantitative research to understand buyer behavior and the best ad formats. Create ad angles that inspire effective copywriting and creative development.
- Planning. Develop hypotheses and objectives for ad angles and creative concepts. Write creative briefs for designers and video editors to create images and videos based on the ad angles.
- Acquisition copy. Write a copy for ads, videos and email capture popups that drive conversion.
- Retention copy. Write a copy that converts and drives loyalty for email and SMS campaigns.
- Copy revision & iteration. Revise copy based on feedback. Iterate the copy based on results - what worked and what didn’t work.
- Communication & collaboration. Collaborate with performance specialists, email strategists and designers during project lifecycle.
- Learning. Spend 5-10% of your time learning industry trends, copywriting frameworks and ad platforms.
What you’ll bring to our team:
- Copywriting experience. 2+ experience writing direct-response ads, videos and emails that persuade consumers to buy. Deep working knowledge of direct response advertising principles and frameworks.
- Research experience. Ability to conduct qualitative and quantitative research to direct ad campaigns.
- Writing experience. Fluent in written and spoken English (native level). Perfect grammar and an extensive vocabulary.
- Attention to detail. Exceptionally detailed when it comes to spelling and grammar. Notice and fix the details, such as off-brand copy, spelling errors, etc.
- eCommerce & digital marketing skill set. Interest and strong understanding of eCommerce - both current and emerging digital platforms
- Strong communication skills. You can write concise emails in plain English and can easily explain difficult advertising concepts.
- Efficiency. You can manage and prioritize your time effectively.
- Problem solving abilities. You can identify red flags and connect the dots quickly to move projects forward.
- Emotional intelligence. You are a good listener, self-aware, receptive to feedback and have the ability to develop relationships with different people.
If you enjoy being part of a fast-paced agency and working with exciting clients, consider applying! Apply now>
*SCUBE is an Equal Opportunity Employer